Monday, March 3, 2008

Linda the Knitwit

I'm Linda, and love to knit and crochet, and when my eyes permit, I like to do counted cross stitch and play with tatting.

I learned to knit when I was 7 years old. I was taught by my babysitter, a teenage girl down the street. She was from a family of knitters - her older sister, her mother, and her grandmother - and it now seems pertinent to mention that they were from Poland, because 25 years later I found out that I knit differently than other knitters I encountered. I use the pick method and the throw method, but the difference is in the way the stitch is made, particularly in flat knitting. All I know is it's fast and it looks the exact same in the end!

My favorite craft is knitting fair isle. I love the use of color to keep it interesting to make and to look at. I designed and finished this scarf set in February. I found the lovely fox chart on the web and it spoke to my Native side, and I created the rest of the designs to make it into this scarf.

Email me know if you like my knitting or want to contribute to Operation Breakthrough!

No comments: